Granny and the kids

Granny and the kids

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Assurance

It comes regularly to my attention that some people who say they are saved do not believe in the assurance of their salvation. This really bothers me because if I had to worry every day of my life if I'm saved or not, all my energy would be expended on getting saved every day. I know I don't need to do that because I am SAVED BY GRACE and God will not take back His gift from me. Yes, I sin every day but I will not lose my salvation because it is real and will be real until the end of time!Just some notes on this subject: Hope they help you. Let me know if they do!

First, we did nothing to gain our salvation … it was a free gift that we accepted from God when we accepted Christ. Do we think He’s going to take back a gift? I don’t.

Ephesians 2:8-9For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.

The initiative for your salvation was God’s …

Ephesians 1:4-5

He chose us in Hi before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ to Himself according to the kind intention of His will.It was God (through His spirit) who convicted you of your sin and wooed you to Christ Jesus (Prevenient Grace)

Romans 8:9

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.Hebrews 12:2… fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Thes. 5:24

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Do you believe that the blood of Christ can cover ALL sins? Or just some sins? There is no “little” sin … it is black and white … no gray areas.Yes, if we are sinning, we are outside His will but there is nothing that says we will not be with Him in the end.I believe that if you have truly accepted Christ as your Savior, you cannot do anything to undo your salvation. You can be separated from His hearing but never from His love and power.

Romans 8:35-39

Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness or peril or sword? Just as it is written, “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 10:29

My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

No comments: